Divorce Financial Planning
Although life is a continual series of transitions, significant events or life-changing experiences occur periodically that require financial resources and decisions with long-term impacts. Divorce, retirement, widowhood, change in family status, or any number of transitions require special financial consideration. with careful planning and expert help from professionals specializing in financially equitable divorce settlements, you can increase your chances of arriving at a settlement that is fair and equitable, and one that fully addresses your long-term needs.
At Shokohi Wealth Management Group, we work closely with our clients and their attorneys to lay the groundwork for a smooth transition from marriage to a new, independent life. Company founder Nadia Shokohi, Ph.D., is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA), trained specifically in the financial issues of divorce, and she brings an interdisciplinary knowledge to the complicated issues that often arise in a divorce.
- Pre & During Divorce
- Identify and explain the financial data needed to help make fully informed and intelligent decisions.
- Organize your financial documents necessary for the financial disclosure requirements
- Help complete financial affidavits accurately
- Analyze the short-term and long-term financial implications of a divorce settlement.
- Document marital standard of living.
- Support clients and their attorneys in the creation of budgets that demonstrate the right level of support.
- Provide a thorough after-tax analysis of any proposed settlement.
- Offer insight into the advantages and disadvantages of different settlement proposals.
- Strategize and build creative options to complicated settlement issues such as stock options, valuing closely-held businesses, life insurance policies, etc.
- Post Divorce
- Loss of health, life, or disability insurance coverage
- Loss of retirement plan benefits
- Need for new or updated estate planning documents
- Develop budget and money management systems
- Oversee asset transfers
- Manage investments
- Monitor results
- Update financial plan yearly
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ is a federally registered CDFA® certification mark owned by the Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA). This mark is awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CDFA Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.